The year was 1999, Napster was just getting popular (free music, anyone), Y2K fear was everywhere and websites were so new people thought it was the coolest thing if you had one. And... I wanted one. I had a friend who knew how to create a website and so she handed me over a simple sheet of HTML code, sent me to Yahoo Geocities to create my free account and within a short while I had my first website online!
Little did I know that sheet of paper with the code on it would change the course of my life in a big, big way. You see I was on the path to be a Chemical Engineering Techologist with an Environmental specialty. I could be a lab technician or a field specialist or any number of very 'scientific' type of careers.
Instead I ended up as an internet marketer living an amazing laptop lifestyle doing what I love.
How did it happen?
Passion for something I loved. Determination. A desire to learn and grow, and...
I Learned How to Build Websites
Yep, for sure, building websites was absolutely key and a must.
Without being able to design my own websites I am without a doubt certain I'd never be where I am today. And where I am today (right now, actually) is working from wherever I choose (today it's the library), doing whatever brings me the most joy (right now it's teaching WordPress) and living life completely on my own terms.
If I didn't learn how to build my own websites I can't see how I could have afforded to create what I have today or how I could STILL afford to get new websites up, change them as needed and add new content whenever I need to.
Let's face it... Website Skills are cruicial to your online success.
You don't want to waste your money:
- Hiring a designer when you don't know what you need.
- Paying a designer to 'try something out' so you can figure out what sells.
- Getting a website up on one business only to discover a year later it's not really something you even like doing.
With a designer you have no room for mistakes or change or experimentation unless your budget is unlimited.
Then There Are Some Who Should NOT Build a Website
Building your own website isn't for everyone. There are some people who are just not willing to put in the work it takes. It might not be for you if you've ever said (or thought) one of these things:
- "I'm too techy-challenged to create my own website." - I bet you're not but this is a self-fullfilling prophecy I can't teach out of you.
- "I need a website tomorrow, I can't wait." - Well you might think hiring a designer is the fastest way to go but if you find the wrong one, or two, or (god-forbid) three wrong designers you'll be out both time AND money. Even if you DO want to hire a designer to have on your team, learning what you're hiring them for will be a big time and money saver.
- "Who needs a website? I've got social media!" - Actually you DO need a website. Social media provides no guarantees. Just ask all the people who build up tens of thousands of Facebook fans only to be told a little while later that if they wanted those fans to see their posts they'll need to pay for it, or very few will even be delivered.
Back when I was hand-coding my own websites I was just having fun. I had no idea that the skill I was developing would carry me through to a new life and allow me to help others change their lives, too.
HTML sites were HARD. You had to create the code letter by letter, line by line. It looked like Gibberish but each letter had a purpose. If you wanted anything cool or even something as simple as a contact form, you had to either create or find code for it. If you wanted to change the look of your website you had to change every. single. page in order to recreate it. And I did it all. I put in my time the 'hard way'. Blogs didn't even exist back then!
WordPress Was a Game-Changer in the Website Creation World
Then, in 2005, I discovered blogging and then WordPress.
WordPress is a powerful tool for building websites. Let me lay out why WordPress is so awesome for both websites and blogs:
- WordPress is user-friendly and intuitive. Sure it takes a little while to learn but once you know how to create and edit a post, you know how to do so with a page. Once you know how to add a theme you know the process is the same for a plugin or an image.
- WordPress functions are vast. Add links, videos, audios. Create web pages or posts.
- Themes allow for ultimate customization. The amount of looks you can create with WordPress themes is amazing. You can also change the look of your website in a few clicks, without losing any of your content.
- Plugins add just about anything. If you can think of something your website should do for you, there's almost always a plugin to be found for that.
- It's Free. Oh yea did I mention it's free? Back in 'the day' when I was making websites by hand Dreamweaver was a big way to make websites and it cost hundreds of dollars.
- It's Run by a Communty. So WordPress isn't just created and updated by one company, it's maintained and updated by a whole community. It's one great big collaboration of some of the most awesomely geeky minds around 😉
- There's more... I could go on and on about how awesome WordPress is but suffice to say it's the choice of a huge majority of new website builders.
How to Learn WordPress
So maybe I've convince you that you need WordPress or maybe you already knew that.
You're here for a reason, though. You're here either because you have no idea how to build a website and need step by step guidance and training to get started. Or maybe you know how great WordPress is but you're frustrated that there's nothing and no one to really GUIDE you through the process of creating your website, for real.
WordPress Training Video Course:
Learn How to Create a Website in WordPress
I've been running Website Design Mojo since 2010 when I first recognize there was a huge need for a WordPress training program that offered step-by-step guidance on putting up a profitable website.
This course isn't just about building a website, it's about building a business on the internet. The skills you'll learn in this course can pay off for years and years to come. That starter HTML sheet I got from my friend back in 1999 literally changed the course of my life and lead me on the path to earning hundreds of thousands of dollars from the internet.
Think about how YOUR life can change if you can reach an unlimited number of targeted prospects for your business. You won't be held back anylonger, you'll have what you need to get your message out to your market... that's powerful!
Here's what you can expect when you sign up for this WordPress website training:
Here's What You'll Learn in the Website Design Mojo Step by Step Video Training Modules...
Step 1: WordPress Website Beginner
You'll Learn: How a Website Works, What Is WordPress?, Google, URLs and Browsers, WordPress.com vs WordPress.com, What Kind of Website to Create, How to Decide on Website Format
Step 2: Getting Your WordPress Website Online
You'll Learn: How to Register Your Domain Name, How to Buy Hosting, How to Edit Nameservers, How to Install on Bluehost, Hostgator or Liquidweb, Set Your Front Page as a Static Page, Change Your Permalinks, Set up an Email in Cpanel
Step 3: Customizing Your WordPress Website
You'll Learn: Choosing a WordPress Theme, Installing a WordPress Theme, Creating a Website Header, Removing Image Backgrounds (in graphics), Uploading a Header to WordPress, Creating a Custom Menu, Using WordPress Widgets, Editing You Themes Footer, Editing the Stylesheet
Step 4: Adding Content to Your Website
You'll Learn: WordPress Dashboard Overview, Adding & Editing a Page in WordPress, Editing a Post, How to Add Images to WordPress, Using WordPress Widgets, Adding Links & Images, How to Add Videos
Step 5: Using WordPress Plugins
You'll Learn: How to Install a Plugin, Comment Luv, Contact Form 7, Digg Digg, Sticky Notes Plugin
Step 6: Advanced WordPress Training
You'll Learn: How to Use Widgets, Adding Opt-in Forms, Using FTP, Doing WordPress Updates, Easy SEO, Selling From Your Site, RSS Feed in Feedburner, Adding Content, Getting High Quality Links
BONUS Training: Big WordPress Training Bundle!
WordPress Web Graphics, Selling With WordPress, Inside WordPress Hosting, Blog Better With WordPress, WordPress SEO Tips, WordPress Security & Updates, Digging Into WordPress Plugins, Multimedia WordPress, WordPress List Building, Website Headers and Social Media, How to Customize Your Web Fonts, Creating Beautiful Website Displays.... Previously sold as WP Study Group, for $27 each!
As I mentioned before I've been successfully running this coaching program/video training/personal coaching program since 2010. I know what it takes to teach you how to create a website you can use to build an income online.
Beyond the training videos you can refer back to anytime, we also have the live webinars, private facebook group and private email coaching. Here are some important dates to remember around those items:
Personal Email Coaching:
Starting October 19 you will have unlimited personal email coaching with me as you work on your WordPress website. Simply email me with your questions and I'll respond as soon as possible.
Live, Weekly Training Webinars:
We will meet week for four weeks where I will train you on how to install WordPress, set up your site, install a theme, add a header and add your plugins. You'll also learn core skills like how to add content to pages or posts, create custom menus and use your Widgets.
Our live meetings take place on the following dates at 2:30 - 4pm EDT:
- October 22nd and 29th, November 5 and 12th
Private Facebook Group:
Our private facebook group currently has over 100 members and is a great place for you to go to network, ask questions and find out what's new with WordPress.
About Your Trainer Angela “WordPress Addict” Wills
Hey, if you don’t know me yet I’m Angela Wills and I’ve been running a successful, online, full-time business from my home office (or couch, or coffee shop, depending on my mood).
I quit my job in 2007 to work from home full time and have been completely un-employable ever since! I enjoy my freedom far too much to ever let anyone tell me what to do with my days ever again. Over the past six years I have helped thousands of clients and customers use the best tools on the ‘net to grow their businesses. I love helping others and I’ve been told I have a talent for making things easy to understand.
I’ve also achieved some pretty impressive things with my business.
Here are some:
- Started building websites in 1999 just for ‘fun’ with a free Geocities account and a sheet of HTML code.
- Started my first site in 2001 which I sold and shipping bath & body products account Canada and the US from.
- Worked with close to 200 clients over a few years to build, maintain and market their WordPress websites.
- Trained and Coached over 300 people to work with WordPress.
Here is a sampling of some sites I’ve created for clients in WordPress:
I truly believe that WordPress = Freedom. It’s extremely difficult to build an online business without being in control of your website because you will be constantly waiting for someone to get to your work. Without your own website skills you’ll also be very cautious about what you pay someone to add to your site, which means you’ll have very little opportunity to move fast to test new ideas, products or content. That would be a shame! In my opinion website design skills are not a luxury, they’re a necessity that any ambitious online marketer will be keen to learn. I’ve taken my website building skills to create a profitable and fulfilling online business.
Real, Unsolicited Feedback From Real Customers
I have dozens and dozens of unsolicited testimonials and happy emails from customers who've taken my course and gone on to build their businesses online. They make me very proud of what I've created and so excited about their results. Here are just a few of the messages that warm my heart to receive...
What Makes This Course Different From The Rest:
As I’m sure you know there is a plethora of WordPress training programs out there to choose from, many much cheaper than this one. There are a few reasons why I didn’t pop a $47 price tag on this baby and be done with it, why this course stands out from most and is worth the extra money you’ll put into it.
- No Fly by Night Attitude Here! I started this program in 2010 and have had 332 people register to learn to build a website in WordPress. I’m not going anywhere and neither is this course.
- I Didn’t Hop on The Bandwagon. Like I said, there are a lot of programs out there that teach you WordPress. Many of them decided to do so because WordPress is so popular. Meaning… they’re in it for the money. They’re not dedicated to the topic and passionate about it like I am!
- This Isn’t PLR or Licensed Training. Some people sell rights to pre-made WordPress training that you can buy outright or resell under your name. Sure that’s OK and good even if you only need to know how to do something, but if you’re looking for a mentor and a guide who will teach you based on their own successes and ‘learning experiences’ ;).
Not Just Another WordPress Training Program!
Seems like everyone and their brother is jumping on the WordPress training bandwagon lately…I’ve been teaching this program since 2010 and I’m definitely not one of those ‘here-today, gone-tomorrow’ type of trainers.
I have been making websites since 1999. I have been working on websites for clients since 2005. I have been dedicated to WordPress since 2008. I have sold thousands of products online and worked individually with hundreds of clients. I am dedicated to your success and I’d love for you to let me prove it in the next session of the course!
YES Angela, Sign Me Up! I Understand I’ll Receive:
- ON-DEMAND, Step-by-Step WordPress Video Training Available 24-7 in the Customer Area
- HUGE Bundle of WordPress Training Topics (previously sold at $27 EACH)
- LIVE Q&A Webinars on October 22nd and 29th, November 5th and 12th at 9pm EDT
- ‘Never Get Stuck’ personal daily email coaching!
- Support & Networking in our Private Facebook Group
- Huge Bundle of Topic-based WordPress trainings.
- 25 Professional Website Header Templates
Don’t wait until the last minute if you want to ensure you get your email coaching spot.
Sign up now and start learning to build your best business today!
“Website Design Mojo is a must for Newbies and far beyond! Angela Wills is a caring, patient and skilled teacher. She is one of those experts that OVERDELIVERS! I believe that is just her Nature You can tell she is passionate about what she does and loves it. I discovered Angela when I got ripped off by a web developer. I didn’t get the 2 sites that I paid for (my first sites) I was devastated and I needed to get started.Mary Castro
I had a “minor clue” about WP– VERY MINOR. I set up a site WITH HER IN THE CLASS, I learned a lot from her personal email coaching that was part of the package and I can still join her webinars or ask questions!
She continually updates her training and is very active in and membership site. Angela was Godsend to me. Thanks Angela!”
“Website Design Mojo was the very first course I ever took on how to build a WordPress website and I couldn’t be happier that I did. Angela provides so much detail in each course module you’ll never feel like you’ve missed a step and she takes great care in breaking each step down so everyone can understand it. That’s one of the things I love so much about Angela’s teaching is that she is very thorough. She also provides excellent feedback and support.Samantha Angel
One the the things that stood out the most about Angela is that she is so patient with her students. It’s intimidating to learn how to build a WordPress website, especially if you’ve never had any experience at all with it, and Angela makes it easy and fun!”
Advancing Steps Design
Please be sure you read the program details carefully and ask me any questions you have before you order. Since this program includes personal email coaching and live webinar coaching I cannot offer refunds. I can’t get my time back so it’s only fair I be paid for that investment I make into helping you with your business. I’m sure if you use the program and the coaching you’ll be more than thrilled with what you learn and what you can create! If you’re ready, sign up now by clicking here.
p.s. If I were still taking clients, I’d charge them $1500 for a WordPress website setup and have clients happy to pay me for it. You can learn how to do the same and earn $105 per hour or more by signing up right here and now.